ExRanger
    Doomsteader
    DoomNymph
    DirtyHowi
    Bill from Pennsylvania
    Aussie
    ajm
    2handband

Can we say, "welcome home?" Lordy, what a week this has been, eh? I am deeply grateful to Alex for listening to our wishes for a place where we can share as we have shared for the past five or so years! So, say hello, and let's get going! We need some stuff put into these subforums so they don't look quite so empty.

I am so grateful for this site. I was starting to go through doom withdrawals. I didn't post much at the 'other' site but I lurked everyday for a few years and I loved all the information that was gathered. I want to see the doom as it comes down on me, I hate being blind-sided.

shan, you just said it SO well! "I hate being blind-sided." That's the whole reason for this site! It's the not knowing that gets to me.

Doomrunner reporting for duty, this looks to be the start of something great, Alex, you have done a fantastic job with this site too, thanks.
    Last edited by Doomrunner; 10-27-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Feral She-Bunny of Doom™ DoomNymph's Avatar
    Nymphie here. To be honest, I'll be lurking more than contributing, but I'm happy Alex has set this up for us. Carry on, folks!

tarheel
    Very happy to be here although I won't be able to post much due to current time constraints. My doom priority at the moment is still following the GOM disaster because I live beside the gulf. Financial issues are also critical in my situation (temp living arrangement, on the move). Really looking forward to tracking that stuff with you people.

tarheel
    It just dawned on me that our Moderator doesn't want to hear about this GOM stuff but I need to know where to put it. I'm just kidding w/ you, Snowflower; your concern has been very touching and truly appreciated! I should have been more clear: Though I live beside the gulf, I am pretty far from the main affected areas (so far). Not saying that makes everything hunky dory, it doesn't at all. That's why I want to track it. So just say the word on how you want GOM stuff handled and I'm there!

Just wanted to say thanks again Alex. (Don't seem to be able to do that enough! )

I, too, need to keep track of what's happenin', though I'm finding Sustainable Country has more of what I need right now.

Tickled to be here

Man it's good to have a new home. On the ground floor as well. Can't wait to have more company. Ya'll come on in and take yer shoes off...........................Bruce

Fingerlakes, New York, United States, Planet Earth
    Yup i will just pop in now and again and look around.... but wanted to say hi nonetheless and say... thanks to all for working together as a community should. Especially Alex and the ModSquad...

Thanks for putting this up and giving us two separate places to congregate! It looks great!!!

This is the name I almost used on the Sustainable Country site, but wanted to stay as positive as possible in that context. Over here... let the Doom fly fast and furious, especially since I now have a place to take refuge when I feel like it's gonna overwhelm me.

I join Silent Country with the intent of experiencing the storm (war, natural disasters, economic, political, and social breakdown) before the calm (peace, tranquility, silence).

And, hopefully, contributing to the rate of the storm's passing.

Peace,

Ik

Senior Member BiologicalSpeciesCoxswain's Avatar
    Nice bunker, Alex! I will be mostly a lurker here, as I am pretty doomed out and will be spending what time I have at the sister site. But I will certainly be more interested in participating if the members don't go doom on each other.

eta: little yellow smilies look very out of place here! LOL!

World's Sweetest Smartass PseudoPhil's Avatar
    Checking in... gotta get my daily dose of DOOM

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    In the beginning the more people contribute the better. Hard when we are all used to being consumers first...

It will eventually feed itself. Just like the other forum did :-)

New to tha doom. Bring it.

ok, y'all are coming in too fast to catch everyone's name, so I'm just going to say, welcome to all the new users. Come on in, set a spell, find something to start up a conversation, and say hello!

Glad to be here! And thanks to Alex (and everyone who has helped) for bringing us our doom-space. I have to say, I really enjoyed the thread on "humanure composting" at the sister site, and seeing the pix of a great composting outhouse. Amazing stuff will be brought to each site!

I am not worth a dang at posting links and that sort of thing. But, for the few (and I mean few) who think like I do I will give my opinion in a heart beat. I also concur we need to keep the debates friendly. You can totally and completly disagree but be friendly at the same time. I respect everyones opinion even if it totally deviates from my own. Alex, Thanks so much for your efforts..............................Bruce

So this is the other side of the river. Looks great Alex-Thanks much.