Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Thread

Senior Member BiologicalSpeciesCoxswain's Avatar
    Great feature for those of us who might be paddling back and forth across the river for village parties!

I probably missed where Alex explained this, but I couldn't help but notice when logging on today how much this site's appearance now resembles a certain lately lamented doom site.
    Since you have nothing to do with your hands
    You might as well pray
    I ain't no God fearing man
    But I am afraid
    Of something that I cannot quite explain

- Typhoon

He made the default style, er, default, so those at work wouldn't look like they were playing a FPS game!
    I still prefer the bunker style, but some people found it a bit hard on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by BiologicalSpeciesCoxswain View Post
    He made the default style, er, default, so those at work wouldn't look like they were playing a FPS game!
    I still prefer the bunker style, but some people found it a bit hard on the eyes.
    I can see that. It was cool, though.
    Since you have nothing to do with your hands
    You might as well pray
    I ain't no God fearing man
    But I am afraid
    Of something that I cannot quite explain

- Typhoon

I'm only posting to unleash the 'horny goat of doom avatar' on the unsuspecting world.

Now I can return to my preferred doom-lurker status...

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    That's just not right

Fingerlakes, New York, United States, Planet Earth
    It is pretty funny though......

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
    I'm only posting to unleash the 'horny goat of doom avatar' on the unsuspecting world.

Now I can return to my preferred doom-lurker status...
    You better get back up north, farmer. Seeing your old name made me wince, a little pang from the past.

Glad to be over here! yooper, aka The Black Knight. Sure like this site!

Quote Originally Posted by graveday View Post
    You better get back up north, farmer. Seeing your old name made me wince, a little pang from the past.
    As I was about the enter my username, I pressed the 'N' key and some widget hidden deep inside my computer box thingy remembered my old name... it called to be. Farmers aren't doomers, but nothingmen... what's more doomy than a nothingman, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    That's just not right
    That's what I told him. Didn't stop him pissing all over his face, charging me and sneezing all over me though did it. The dirty little bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
    As I was about the enter my username, I pressed the 'N' key and some widget hidden deep inside my computer box thingy remembered my old name... it called to be. Farmers aren't doomers, but nothingmen... what's more doomy than a nothingman, eh?
    I guess turning that on its ear doesn't work, what's more nothing that a doomyman? Watch out, that goat wants to eat your camera, then your clothes. Once I drove in to a place I was living. We had goats, so maybe it wasn't really living. I opened the doors and started carrying in a couple bags of groceries. When I came back out they were in the car and had the remaining bags of groceries already in a state of nuclear distribution. It only took a couple minutes. Crikey.

I just have to tell you my horny goat story.

I had recently purchased my first buck and took my two 12 year old grandsons (cousins) up to see him. He stuck his pencil thin, long penis out, and started decorating his face and beard and front legs with his urine. Then he turned to the boys and started making faces at them (like your picture.) Both boys simply froze. Neither looked at each other or me, just stared at the goat in complete shock.

So, after a few minutes, I said, "That's what they do to make themselves attractive to the ladies." Neither answered, looked at me or each other - just stared at the buck. So, finally I suggested we leave. As we were riding in the car on the way back down the hill, I heard one of them say to the other very quietly, "I'm sure glad I'm not a goat."

Boy howdy did I have to work not to crack up right then.

Ok, that did crack me up! I didn't know buck's did that when I got my first one. I was pretty appalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    AnIowan... if you look at the new posts link on the SustainableCountry.com I added a link that might help you. It on the nav bar above and takes you right to new posts here in another window.0

Hope that helps.
    :-)
    alex
    Thanks Alex! I went looking for that here a bit ago...works like a charm!

Thank you, thank you Alex for supplying a place for the doomers to congregate. I was getting a bit twitchy without the breaking financial news and such.

And thank you, The Dignity Of Struggle, for letting me know about this place. Most appreciated, and I've tried to pay it forward.

Senior Member TheDignityofStruggle's Avatar
    A wooded hillside. Forgive my typos, Im on a mobile thingy.
    Glad to see you made it Pample!

Feral She-Bunny of Doom™ DoomNymph's Avatar
    Ewwww. You guys are talking about goats? On a doom forum? What's wrong with you?

((OMG. You don't know how much self control it took to keep from laughing and waking up Mr. DN))

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiologicalSpeciesCoxswain View Post
    Steve signed in to the old forum and no one was there. In fact it was supposed to be read only, but a few of us managed to sneak in.

I think I copied the exchanges, I'll see if I can find them.
    Here's one, but I loved the "Are the markets still open?!" one, too.

Steve
    Where is everyone?
    OMG! HAS IT HAPPENED!

BSC
    Yes, the rapture has taken place. It is only you left now Steve. So party on!

Steve
    Hard to have a party with just me. Drinking alone just doesn't work for me.

BSC
    Then run down to the local zoo and open the chimp cages.
    Rumor has it that they will booze it up with just about anybody. Grin
    Hey...not fair...for awhile there I was sweating it. Come home, fire up the internet, check for the latest news and its like that movie, The Happening, everyone was just GONE. No new postings...it was like everyone had been Raptured! I didn't pay much attention to Matts ads at the top of the page, like a Doomer wants to buy a Chevy or join a dating service, what ridiculous crap. So of course I never saw the "Go somewhere else" announcement.

Yes, it's at your expense Steve but still funny as hell. Even just the snipit I have read.....................Bruce
    Everyday is a blessing, except maybe tomorrow