Thread: Feature request: Autofill Title/Subject line

Feature request: Autofill Title/Subject line

I typically click on "New Posts" and go down the list of topics middle-clicking each one I want to read in a new tab. I usually end up with 1/2 a dozen or more topics open in different tabs (firefox user).

The problem is that unless my last unread post was the very first post in the thread the subject/title lines are usually blank and I have a hard time figuring out what the topic/title/subject is.

I can get a small hint because the title is abbreviated on the tab title, but sometimes that's just a few letters if I have many tabs open.

Anyhow, if the default behavior when replying to a thread was to put re:[original thread title] then I would always know which thread I'm looking at.

Is this possible? And did I make myself clear or are you scratching your head going, "Say what?"
    Why is teamwork essential for the military but competition between citizens (supposedly) essential for our country?

note how the title to this post is now blank.
    Why is teamwork essential for the military but competition between citizens (supposedly) essential for our country?

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    I guess I dont understand. You would like the title of the thread repeated on each and every post?
    I guess I can see the value of it if you go to last unread and end up in the middle of a page but I have a concern that it would awfully redundant seeing it on every post the rest of the time.

Just trying to understand first though.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

It sounds silly but it works nicely. LATOC was formated that way - the subject was auto-filled but could be changed.

I suppose ideally the title would be repeated on every post but perhaps with a small-ish font-size and perhaps light grey color (or whatever is approp. for the various skins available here).

"I guess I can see the value of it if you go to last unread and end up in the middle of a page..."

Which is what happens more often than not. Or if you go to page 2 or 3 or 4 of a topic.

It's dependent on how you navigate the forum. If you go to "Read Unread Posts" and then click the first one, then go back to "Read unread posts" and click the next one, then it doesn't matter, but if you, as I described, go down the list of unread posts and open up several threads in their own tabs, soon enough you don't know what thread topic you're on anymore.

BlueOwl... make sure you are using the darkness thread and tell me id that works.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Nice work. Where's the tip jar?

I usually just use the default skin, esp. when I browse from work, but I assume you're just testing things.

It works well and doesn't seem obtrusive to me in any way.

Coolness. Thank you.

Its on all the skins now :-)

No wonder I didn't get it. I always use the dark skin. Cool.

Hey Alex. Thanks #2 in order. I'm using the default skin again. I've got 6 tabs open. It's working absolutely beautifully.

Master of Doom portals - RIP old Friend's Avatar
    Alex to the rescue. We'd be lost without him!
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" Milton; Paradise Lost

Damn I wish I were that computer literate. Excellent and fast work there Alex...............................Bruce
    Everyday is a blessing, except maybe tomorrow

If you look at this thread w/ its long title:

http://forums.silentcountry.com/foru...sing-US-demand

you'll see the word wrap formatting could use a small fix. It could use a little bit of an indent on the 2nd line otherwise the title sits right under the "## hours ago" or "## days ago" part of the title.

I'm anal, I know, and I offer it up only as a suggestion, not another "request".

And a 3rd thanks, because I've really found the addition nice, and the novelty hasn't worn off a bit. If you implement this, cool, if not, cool...just tossing it out there.

Did this feature die with all the server problems/sql problems lately?

Probably. Will redo the hack shortly.

It should be back on default.

It sure is. Thanks yet again. I really appreciate it (i hope others do too)!