Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Account Restricted

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar

Account Restricted

Whether or not Steve is right in his perspectives on peak oil and/or on employment is NOT the issue.

The issue is that his involvement in almost any thread results in conflict and in-fighting due to his openly (and admitted) arrogant attitude. Right or wrong his participation has only served as a distraction and frustration for the VAST majority of those trying to have a conversation. This derails threads and causes people to avoid posting threads for not wanting to get sucked into another debate on how wrong they are about the situations they see all around themselves.

I havent deleted the account nor banned it. Just no posting for his account. I may open it back up after a while. I really dont know yet.

But I dont like operating without transparency so here is my post explaining it.

Thanks
    Alex
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

yup.. he's been trolling for this for quite a while.. well done alex..

Thanks Alex

Master of Doom portals - RIP old Friend's Avatar
    Watch what you say guys. He can still read everything we post, he just can't respond, so give him a chance to cool off. It would be a shame to loose a member if he is willing to coexist in a peaceful manner with us.
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" Milton; Paradise Lost

Actually, he will be able to if/when his account gets reactivated but only registered users can see this forum and since he is no longer a registered user it will have to be later.

Still, I dont like absentee character assignation> This thread was created so everyone will know why I did what I did.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Senior Member GrievousBodilyHarm's Avatar
    hmmm...I'm against it.

I am sure some may be. But my point is hopefully painfully simple.

if your participation in the forum causes more issues than benefit, then whether you are right or not, whether your popular or not, its irrelevant.

I have no expectation that everyone will get along. But there is no need for constant and never-eneding arguing over the same tired shit again and again. I gave many many warnings.

And so far this is only the 2nd account I have had to restrict. Considering the old forums and the off-handed banning, I consider this a huge improvement.

But you may not agree. At least I am open about it.

Fingerlakes, New York, United States, Planet Earth
    Actually to be fair.. i was posting less as he was posting more. I didn't even realize it was related until this thread.

Thanks for letting us know Alex.

Well, I called TROLL on a couple other threads, and I stand by it. Clever and tenacious one though. Not clever in his arguments...those were merely convoluted, yet repetitive, but very clever in finding people's stings and pulling on them.

A cruel sport that is, and it speaks volumes about the type of person behind it.

absolutely!

i agree..... but i didn't want to wallow in the same detrius that permeated that *other place*

i applaud your actions Alex.

Northfield, VT (recently arrived from CO)
    Thanks, Alex!

It had gotten to the point where I was even avoiding reading threads that Steve had replied to last, since I didn't want to waste time reading what had surely turned into an argumentative quagmire.

I thought he seemed to relish creating dissension to shut down discussion; not to add to it.

Again, thanks for the good call.

I, too, avoided reading threads that he had posted in. I also never responded to a thread that he had posted in. He was just totally annoying and made this site less desirable. I often wondered if he wasn't RGR under another name. Thanks Alex for dealing with it.

Thank you!

I don't recall ever encountering a more annoying individual.

I wonder if he gets punched in the face very often.

Nah, he'd never have the balls to act like that 'cept on an internet forum.

Senior Member BiologicalSpeciesCoxswain's Avatar
    I'm with ReD. . .I stopped posting, and reading after he showed up. Glad he's been zipped shut.

Hard Core Doomer Swampman - RIP Old Friend's Avatar
    thanks for doing this. We have to have a positive attitude amongst ourselves and trolls, by their very nature, tell tales full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood.

I'm not the most rigorous reader here, so ther's probably lots i'm missing, but so far as I can tell Steve is easily reasoned with, not like a rabid ideologue at all, so therefore he can't be a troll. He's got his point of view, he's not afraid to assert it, and sometimes he's right. I'msorry, I just can't peg him as a troll.

Troll may not be quite the right word, I think trolls are actually less of a problem.

I don't think anyone here has a problem with others taking a contrary point of view or being right or even assertive.

If you think Steve is easily reasoned with then you couldn't have communicted with him, maybe it was Seve or Stve but it couldn't have been Steve.
    Last edited by OneMoreTime; 12-13-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Senior Member Boris the Schnook's Avatar
    I don't know about the rest of you, but because of steve, I now have a strong urge to become an engineer.

Master of Doom portals - RIP old Friend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris the Schnook View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but because of steve, I now have a strong urge to become an engineer.
    hahahaha! You're crazy Boris, but I suppose that's what happens when you stay home playing with your instrument all day!
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" Milton; Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Boris the Schnook View Post
    For Boris

Attachment 28