Thread: New Disaster News Feed

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar

New Disaster News Feed

I have an automatic news feed from http://hisz.rsoe.hu feeding this forum.

I have been feeding it to a private admin area and sifting through them to bring useful ones to the public side but have just run out of the time needed to do this.

Since I dont want you to miss news I have moved this to a subforum under breaking news. The catch here is to avoid it flooding the "New Posts" section I have made this forum not searchable (which is what new posts are - a search).

So for those interested you can navigate it by going into the subforum. And the mods anc move them out to a more high profile forum if need be. (which will be needed to make sure followup posts on the thread show in the new posts section).

HTH
    Alex
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Master of Doom portals - RIP old Friend's Avatar
    That is really neat Alex. Does the subforum automatically cut off older articles after a certain date? If not, won't that build up an enormous log file for ya?
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" Milton; Paradise Lost

Nope it doesnt
    i will deal with cleaning it later. For now its information too important to pass up. You can see the amount it has been doing that I have been screening for a while now.

I have noticed that their situation update links dont work. Nothing I can do. Its their HTML. Use the more info link at the bottom to get right to the full report. That works fine.

I just cant keep up with them lately. They have an annoying habit of dumping a bunch at 11:30pm when I am usually just about to turn in for the night... awful reading right before sleep.

They can be a bit repetitive but that usually because there has been an update of some kind. Click the more info and then click the situation update tab.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

I know you are busy, but I have one last question. Can we comment within these articles, or do you want us to reference them in new topics, and leave the originals empty?

Well since they will not show in the new posts (shortly when the indexing catches up), its probably best to copy and paste to a new thread. I would hate for conversations to be buried in there and not searchable.

Okay, thanks. Just wanted to know!