Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Account Restricted

I couldn't take him really serious.
    Actually, he reminded me that basket weaving would be a very good thing to do after TSHTF, you don't need tons of tools and the materials are for free.
    If he would really be in a position where he can hire high ranked engineers, this guy would not have that much time to write so much nonsense here!

Thank you. He's either a overbearing blowhard who loves to argue for the sake of arguing or a fed who is here to derail conversations.

Am I paranoid? Yep.

Do I think there are government agents on this board? Yep.

Alex, this is your place, you are the host, and you have every right to ask your guests to cool it if their behavior is not okay by you. Or to leave your premises if they repeatedly ignore your wishes.

I'm glad you are open about your decisions and your reasoning. Not all forum owners are (ahem) so respectful of their guests and the community that has been built by their interactions.

Well, Hot Damn! Hey Alex - can you get rid of the asshats across the road from me too?

Good job, admin.

As I asked Steve last week, what is his purpose in being here?
    I don't believe him to be an outright troll, but he is right close to my definition of one. He does seem to take pleasure in goading members here into constant arguments. He doesn't seem to buy into peak oil, he really believes the recovery is quite real, and he comes across as smug and superior which is hurting the value of any of his arguments, no matter how legitimate they might be. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but if you are on a doomer board and don't believe in the doom or simply want to debunk it, then you are a troll.

My frustration with him is that all he contributes to the board is a general dissention to whatever doomerish conclusion the majority of us draw from the news and current events. Now, I appreciate multiple points of view, and I believe that dissention is necessary to avoid the herd mentality, but that is ALL he offers.

I would welcome him back, smug superiority complex and all, if he can just agree to lay off the constant PhD crap and stop trying to debunk all the doom.

Thank you Alex for trying to be even handed and open minded, but I do appreciate the break, as he was really starting to get to me late last week.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

I started to ask him why he was even here several times. Then I realized he was baiting me into that line of questioning and I was better off trying to ignore him.

I hope that self-righteous indignation prevents him from coming back.

Senior Member Boris the Schnook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ♥RÉĎRËÅMÊR♥ View Post
    For Boris

Attachment 28
    Now because of REdreamer, I want to become an activist monk, douse myself in petrol and then self-immolate.

Good call, Alex.

Thank you Alex. I appreciate your up-front professional approach.
    You are the host and we are the guests.

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    Steve is done.
    I dont have time for his BS anymore.

For those that were mad that I let him back in... I am sorry and you were right. I had to try.
    For those who will be upset that I banned him... I am sorry. I never like banning anyone and take it very very seriously. Hence only 2 bans since the forum opened.

I just cant deal with his derailing threads over and over.

Judgment call. May not be the right one and may not please everyone but its been made one way or another. i think it is far worse to simply hedge and do nothing.

my .02
    Alex
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

I also found him really irritating and am not sorry to see him gone. Thanks for doing that.

Senior Member GrievousBodilyHarm's Avatar
    Kids that are raised in antiseptic conditions grow up to be allergic and asthmatic.

Hard Core Doomer Swampman - RIP Old Friend's Avatar
    He is banned at the Oil Age for 2 weeks. I fully intend to ban him for good. I am a mod at The Oil Age and he pissed me off.

Gibson's 2nd Law of Blogs. When commenting on blogs and forums, do not piss off the Administrator or any of the Mods.

BTW, Gibson's 1st Law is simply, Any thread on food production and preparation on a Doomer Blog will eventually deteriorate into a discussion on cooking long pig.
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood.

Good Call Alex
    You have got to be tougher than woodpecker lips.
    "Scars Are Tattoos With Better Stories"

Alex, one of the words you used for him was "contrarian", and any thread he targeted became a chore. Steve often had some excellent comments but they were too buried in obvious pokes at our goals. I don't mind being exposed to new music, but I am here for the choir's singing and don't want to be distracted by that damn Luther nailing shit on the door during mass...

I'm good with it. People like that are more trouble than they're worth. Most of us deal with enough assholes and wastes-of-space in the real world...why put up with them here?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLudi View Post
    Most of us deal with enough assholes and wastes-of-space in the real world...why put up with them here?
    Isn't that the truth!

I'm Allmost sure he was old "Reserve Growth Rules"....... ReIncarnated.......

Been watchin his posts at all the sites , and he has a definite pattern.........

RJ

Good riddance! Thank you. Hmm, now we don't have anyone to use that nifty ignore function on though....(that was a joke)
    Humbug!

Fingerlakes, New York, United States, Planet Earth
    thank you!