Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Account Restricted

Good comments here about this action and I especially liked yours, Comrade!

I've never taken umbrage or gotten upset with contrarians since I long ago gave up on the lot of them seeing the light and now find them simply amusing. However, Steve definitely crossed the line into trolldom since he's been back, and I admit I rolled my eyes and used a bit of colorful profanity when I read what he wrote.

I'm puzzled with what he thinks he's accomplishing with the prudent use of his time online by simply amassing bans at every site he frequents. Hellooooooooooooooooo... LOL

Thanks for a good call, Alex.

The fact that he was a bit of a contrarian didn't bother me at all. I have been known to toss out a few opinions that are contrary to popular doomer wisdom. It would be pretty hypocritical to dis someone else for doing it. (That said, he was all over the map and often enough reversed position. I tangled with him on one thread at The Oil Age in which he was basically preaching that being nice to one's wife is stupid because the MZBs are just over the horizon.)

The issue was Steve's condescending, obstreperous attitude. The man simply could not write a paragraph without sneering. I'm not sorry to see him go.

Speechless in Seattle Annihilatrix's Avatar
    In my line of work, I sometimes have to ban people from computer resources. I hate to do it, I give every chance I can, but sometimes, you just get to that point and have to do it. Anyway, Alex, just saying I understand the difficulty.
    Assume crash position.

No tears shed here, either. I found myself ignoring any thread that had his footprints on it. I concur it was a waste of time to try to glean the useful info from the BS....not to mention that I usually found myself wanting to reach into cyberspace and choke the shit out of the condescendng asshole.

Steve reminds me of a Thanksgiving turkey prior to Thanksgiving day. Everything is fine. Nothing has happened. So, nothing is likely to happen. Until it does.

Quote Originally Posted by comrade simba View Post
    I don't mind being exposed to new music, but I am here for the choir's singing and don't want to be distracted by that damn Luther nailing shit on the door during mass...
    I absolutely love that. Just beautiful.

I like Steve's posts and demand his immediate reinstatement !!!......somebody had to do it...

Tug

Thanks Alex. I appreciate that you tried.
    I don't mind someone being a contrarian, but when your whole line of argument is against the basic topic of the forum you are arguing on, that takes you over the threshold of being a contrarian into trolldom.
    When Steve posted something of actual value to the board last week, I went out of my way to thank him for posting it (an article about the explosions on Deepwater Horizon) because I had said I wanted to see him post something relevant to the board. But that seemed to be the limit of his useful contributions and late last week, he became the first person I have ever "ignored."

So, thank you Alex. It was time for Steve to go.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

bout friggin time..
    with age and knowledge I've become an irreligious agnostic..
    but if I were to assume there's a 'god', there's no good reason why
    it would require it's creations to believe in it rather than show itself..

look around you at the beauty nature displays.. something worth worshipping..
    "If (this so called) God didn't want them sheared,
    he would not have made them (dumb as) sheep."

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    lol -- Wont say I disagree but I never want this forum to turn into 'agree or get lost' forum.
    Just had to go through paces to make sure it was a last resort action.

it was.
    :-)
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Passed Onto The Next Adventure ellen54's Avatar
    Steve was.....tiresome.

Not for his views, but for the boring predictability of the degeneration into inanity of any thread he posted in.

I think you did the right thing in banning him, Alex.

Tiresome - perfect word for him Ellen.

And according to Steve, some poor soul somewhere is interviewing to get a job from Steve.

I'd sooner turn tricks.