Thread: New Server & Some Downtime Tonight

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar

New Server & Some Downtime Tonight

At about 9pm EST this evening we will be taking the sites offline while we migrate to the new server installed today. We expect about an hour of downtime... Give or take.

As promised, and somewhat expected, we have been adding on space and performance into system anticipating the increased traffic. To that end we will be moving the whole lot to a new machine/setup.

I am not anticipating any real issues. The hour might be little less or more. We are not just moving these two forums, but 4 others (some many many gigs in size).

With luck we can cut that time down and will come back to an even faster setup.

Then within a week or so we will be moving them one last time to an new internal network here. We've doubled the bandwidth and will be moving the forums to their own dedicated network :-) Just doesn't make sense to move them to the new network before the new servers.

Sorry about any downtime. Cant be avoided and hopefully we can shorten it a bit :-)

Thanks
    Alex
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Still on track with this. Just FYI :-)
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

30 min :-)

Terra Firma, Now in North Carolina, boondocks
    try 10, come to check in and ya bootin me out..sheesh JUST KIDDING. thank you for all your hard work.

yep - we will be back asap :-)

Ok well, the good news is we are back. the bad news is that the entire server move (5+ gigs) was taking way too long.
    sooooo, we will do this a different way.
    I didnt want to leave this site down for another 3-4 hours because of the other forums.

My apologies for the down time tonight... but we'll get this moved over shortly.

I am no good with down time... I pace a lot :-(