Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We're Upgraded

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    Dont suspect any one source. Somewhere along the way, there may have been someone that put the forums on the radar, but once youre in these type of malware databases they just keep coming after you.
    I have been chasing ghosts in the server settings for weeks and am embarrassed to admit that i neglected to look for patterns in my access logs.

server tech 101... but at least I take comfort that the contractors didnt find it either...

Anyway, I think I may finally be on top of it.
    We will see.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Thanks, Alex. Glad you love computers!

sorry about the outage. It wasnt us. The provider went down upstream somewhere for about an hour
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Master of Doom portals - RIP old Friend's Avatar
    No prob, but I'm glad you told me what happened. I get a little twitchy when SilCo doesn't come up!
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" Milton; Paradise Lost

lol you... not only did I lose connectivity but switched over to my cell signal and still couldnt get anywhere lol.
    That tweaked me.

jack o' fall trades BigGreenFrog's Avatar
    Always afraid for the day when there's no power, no water, no cell and the car won't start.
    The school of hard knocks does not offer a tuition assistance program.

The time to build an Ark is when the sun is still shining.

The problem is...we are all part of the problem.

The Post Apocalyptic Starvation Diet will succeed where all other diets have failed.

The lack of the ability to adjust to new and different circumstances is by very definition the inability to evolve and as with all things that fail to evolve, they are doomed to extinction.

Ditto on the power & car. I have water but no cell. Look forward to no bills & no mail but will it crash that far. Both world wars & the 1918 Flu stopped nothing. A couple of billion fewer people will not change much. Just prolong what we are doing to the world.