Thread: Too many categories

Too many categories

Hey Alex,

Too many categories.

"breaking new financial" and "economic and financial collapse" for example.

Just my humble opinion....the site doesn't flow.

jack o' fall trades BigGreenFrog's Avatar
    I beg to differ. For those of us that heavily use this site the breakdown of the categories is a good thing indeed.
    The school of hard knocks does not offer a tuition assistance program.

The time to build an Ark is when the sun is still shining.

The problem is...we are all part of the problem.

The Post Apocalyptic Starvation Diet will succeed where all other diets have failed.

The lack of the ability to adjust to new and different circumstances is by very definition the inability to evolve and as with all things that fail to evolve, they are doomed to extinction.

Agreed, I ain't got no problem with it.
    "I don't see how we could be stupider here in the west if we actually took courses in stupidity and tried as hard as we could"
    Jordan B. Peterson

"Understand What's Going On"
    Gonzalo Lira (RIP)

It has been quite a long time since I used the main view. I just use the auto refresh / last 24h view and check at least once a day. Either over morning coffee or during a break. Except the couple categories that do not show in the 24h view.

Trying to find an old thread is sometimes challenging but search works fairly well.

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    Yeah honestly, I ONLY use the auto-refresh page myself. The tab is just open in the background and whenever I think of it, i just pop over and see what's updated.

In regards to the Breaking News section overlapping the main discussion areas, the thought is that the BN is more of a go-to section for immediate things. For example, for a while there was a wikileaks section in BN. It was a hot topic and justified its own BN section. When that became a less pressing subject it was retired and all the threads moved to the gov/war section.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Fingerlakes, New York, United States, Planet Earth
    I must admit i use the auto refresh ALL the time and have it open on a tab. I guess it is all a question of how you use the site. I too would beg to differ. Maybe Huck you just need to try that out too?

(Me three.) Wait, some categories don't show up in auto-refresh? What am I missing, please?

Just the news feeds and tin afaik

I think the current categories make perfect sense.
    Just say "maybe".

"What we Canadians need is a new flag." Is anyone but me old enough to get this?

Overall I really like the look of the site. Nothing jumps flashes or has stupid icons.
    I don't really look at the news feed sites, the stuff were only Alex posts. I don't know why.

Master of Doom portals - RIP old Friend's Avatar
    LOL! Dandelion, Alex don't post there, the articles are automatically inserted by software.
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" Milton; Paradise Lost

Back to the categories. I really don't like to criticize because I actually have no clue how much work such a site is but I guess a lot. There are two economy threads, wouldn't one do?
    I would love, but that's maybe only me if both sites silco and sustainable country would be integrated. Maybe not so many sustainable categories, for me it would do 1) grow things 2)raise animals 3) make things 4) forage and everything else.
    But that is only a personal preference.

Sort of. My grade 10 history teacher told us they had a contest to design a new flag at some point. He said one of the submissions was a circle of beavers pissing on a frog. I don't think that is very politically correct and not sure if it is true but that's what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by MEA View Post
    "What we Canadians need is a new flag." Is anyone but me old enough to get this?