Thread: News About The Turkish Hack

Hybrid View

Speechless in Seattle Annihilatrix's Avatar
    Thanks for all your work, Alex. What a PITA! You're amazing and we're lucky that you provide the space/time for this doomtique. Also, it's a heads up for other server admins out here, I think I will be reviewing some firewall settings.

So, do you really think a disgruntled visitor ratted on you? Or a large swathe automated scan? Or your toaster oven?
    Assume crash position.

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    Oh you're all most welcome.
    I took the opportunity to lock down the other forums I have as well.

I upgraded this forum to the latest version (which messes with template mods of course) in a hope that the exploit is closed. But if they still manage to brute force an account it wont matter as the entire admin directory is now locked down above the data level so they shouldnt get anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilatrix View Post
    Thanks for all your work, Alex. What a PITA! You're amazing and we're lucky that you provide the space/time for this doomtique. Also, it's a heads up for other server admins out here, I think I will be reviewing some firewall settings.

So, do you really think a disgruntled visitor ratted on you? Or a large swathe automated scan? Or your toaster oven?
    Eh, I dont know. There are few online 'personalities' that chap my ass everytime they have a server issue and blame it on NSA, DOD, CIA and/or turkish hackers. :-P
    UntilI I had absolute proof that someone fed the url to a database, I wouldnt suggest it to be fact.

I do find it odd though. Odd indeed.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."