Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: News About The Turkish Hack

The link to a youtube video was in the page source but included nothing to 'make it play'.

The video linked was this(uploaded 2 years ago):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apIr93Cq5NA

Thanks for fixing the forum and keeping it safe, Alex. It's much appreciated
    'What kind of a fucked up tour is this?'

Quote Originally Posted by NYLongbow View Post
    The next time you login, make sure the "remember me" box right below the password is checked. This will stop it from timing out every so often and always remember you.

Will do, thanks.

Weird stuff, I am especially intrigued by the Turkey locale, cuz, I mean, Turkey?! being ticked off at what we post here? Really? I'm not here much, but I do appreciate the place.

TY Admins.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
    ~ Will Rogers

According to Benjamin Fulford, Turkey is one of the 8 countries still under the control of the dark cabal(or is it 12? will have to double check) View it as simply another outsourced job.

Quote Originally Posted by NYLongbow View Post
    Yes, it's true. Apparently some turkish hackers group (confirmed via their routed IPs - both in turkey) found an Vbulletin Exploit (the forum software) and was able to wreak havoc on my day.

They were NOT able to penetrate the server itself, but rather the entire exploit was using the tools provided through the forum software.

So, i was on the road today and have only now been able to deal with this.

But first I had to get my account re-established. And then the laborious procedure of redoing all my template mods.

I have take further actions at the router level to restrict access to the admin sections to my specific IP only now. And since I am certain they didn't penetrate there server I believe this will end their ability to do much here.

But with things like this you have to wait for the hole to be exploited usually so you can see it and plug it up.

Extra hard when you didn't write the forum code yourself. Cleaning up someone else's mess is always 10x as hard.

Hopefully we won't be seeing them again.

Alex

(ps... now I want to know who turned some turkish hackers onto my forums )

Surviromentalist
    I really hope it was random, Alex, and not some asshole. You'd have to be pissed and a bit of a geek to know how to pass this shit on, right?