Thread: Feature Idea - Page structure revamped

Feature Idea - Page structure revamped

I just posted something in another thread. Chances are it will be the last post on that page as there are quite a few posts already on that page. This means my post will largely be missed (as is the fate of all posts that are last or nearly last on a given page).

This gave me an idea. Rather than pages, what would happen if when you clicked the little double-down arrow that takes you to your last unread post and always displayed the 10 or so previous posts, even if they, as structured now, would be on a previous page?

In other words, you'd always see the last 10 posts.

Instead of a page button you'd see "earlier posts" and "later posts" or something like that.

Just an idea. It seems things get lost on pages, otherwise. Or the first few comments on page 4 that are in regards to page 3 are hard to follow because you can't remember what was up on page 3 anymore.
    Why is teamwork essential for the military but competition between citizens (supposedly) essential for our country?

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    There is a down arrow next to the title that takes you to the last post you read. Not just the last post on the thread.
    Since its based on your login, this is the best way to make sure you dont miss any posts :-)
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOwl View Post
    Rather than pages, what would happen if when you clicked the little double-down arrow that takes you to your last unread post and always displayed the 10 or so previous posts, even if they, as structured now, would be on a previous page?
    Yup, I know about that button.

I was just throwing it out there. I know it probably wouldn't be any sort of quick addition and you've been kept more than busy just keeping the rain from coming thru the roof around here for the past week!
    Why is teamwork essential for the military but competition between citizens (supposedly) essential for our country?