Thread: Forum not highlighting threads w/new posts

Forum not highlighting threads w/new posts

I don't know exactly how to explain this or what terms to use. But is anyone else noticing that the forum isn't showing in bold the thread titles that have new posts since your last login?

Also, on the main page, you know how the thread with the most recent post shows at right, and if you click on it, you're taken to the first unread post in that thread? Well, that's not working for me either. Instead it sends me to that one most recent post.

Basically although I'm logged in, the forum is acting like I'm a guest. Is it just a fluke? Can anyone help me out? I'm running Firefox with adblock, but I haven't changed any settings lately.

Thanks in advance!

Maryland, up the road from the nuclear power plant.
    same here.
    To oppose something is to maintain it. --Ursula K. Le Guin

The moral of this story, the moral of this song:
    Is that one should never be where one does not belong.
    So if you see your neighbor struggling, help him with his load.
    But don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road. [Dylan]

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    Working ok for me on multiple browsers. Best advice is to make sure remember me is checked when you log in. There isn't much else that I can think of that souks make it not work.

Anyone else?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Maryland, up the road from the nuclear power plant.
    Now it is highlighted for new posts. Oh well, not to worry. You have enuf to do around here and in the real world to worry about the smalll stuff.

Alex, thank you again for making this such a nice place to visit with people, especially now that the ME is falling apart and the middle of the US is about to become a glacier. Its great to be able to come here to find real news as well as answers, Anne
    To oppose something is to maintain it. --Ursula K. Le Guin

The moral of this story, the moral of this song:
    Is that one should never be where one does not belong.
    So if you see your neighbor struggling, help him with his load.
    But don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road. [Dylan]

Feral She-Bunny of Doom™ DoomNymph's Avatar
    Hmmm. Firefox here.

I come in and use the 24 hrs button, see all the new posts, and will start reading. After reading each thread, I'll hit the 24 hr button again. Every once in a while, all of the highlighting on new threads will disappear, even though I have touched those threads. Yesterday, it happened quite a bit. Had to go by the time last posted to figure out the ones I hadn't read yet.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

It's not a big deal, Alex, and I didn't mean to lay more burdens on your overworked and willing shoulders.

I do have the "remember me" box checked, but I'll try unchecking it and rechecking the next time I log in, just for the heck of it.

Interesting to hear that other folks are seeing similar issues...weird.