Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chat feature

Quote Originally Posted by DoomNymph View Post
    LOL! I can actually see that!
    When I first saw that character I blurted out "oh my god...it's me!"

Queen of Chutney
    I want the chat back too. Maybe when Alex gets some time...

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    It should be back. And as an added bonus... the old install would log you out if you didnt refresh the forum at least once every 20 minutes or so.
    But if you use the autorefresh in the forums now, it will keep you logged in indefinitely as it is updating a forum page at whatever interval you set it for.
    :-)

hopefully most of the mods I did before will be kept. We will see.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLudi View Post
    Landed Gentry and an insufferable elitist snob. I have the distinct impression that I may have abused my position and that I have been making up for it in this life.

My earliest memory is being an infant in a hand-carrier. I was at my grandparent's house in rural Michigan and I was listening to my Father complain about his job at Chrysler. I must have made some sort of gurgling baby sound, as my Grandfather came over and started making baby-talk at me. It made me furious and indignant. I distinctly remember thinking "how dare you be condescending to me, you damned peasant?"

I was sort of like (if you get the show over there) baby Stewie on Family Guy.

I still find myself oscillating wildly between Elitism and Populism. It gets really annoying at times...I wish I could just choose one and be done with it.
    That's really funny about the 'damned peasant'. When I was small I was convinced that my rightful place in the world was The Queen and it came as quite a shock to find that it wasn't to be the case. My father used the idea, with success, to improve my manners by saying 'Now The Queen wouldn't do that, would she?'.

I think we do get Family Guy, here but I haven't watched TV for nearly 20 years now. Will look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    It should be back. And as an added bonus... the old install would log you out if you didnt refresh the forum at least once every 20 minutes or so.
    But if you use the autorefresh in the forums now, it will keep you logged in indefinitely as it is updating a forum page at whatever interval you set it for.

hopefully most of the mods I did before will be kept. We will see.
    Thanks, Alex!

Feral She-Bunny of Doom™ DoomNymph's Avatar
    Come on in RH! The water's fine!
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

I clicked on 'click here to join' but nothing happened. How does it work???

Quote Originally Posted by residualheat View Post
    That's really funny about the 'damned peasant'. When I was small I was convinced that my rightful place in the world was The Queen and it came as quite a shock to find that it wasn't to be the case. My father used the idea, with success, to improve my manners by saying 'Now The Queen wouldn't do that, would she?'.

I think we do get Family Guy, here but I haven't watched TV for nearly 20 years now. Will look it up.
    Be forewarned: it's completely appalling...even I get offended at times, and I am reasonably disgusting in my own right.

I've heard that it's a bit sweary but I can handle that.

I've heard that it's a bit sweary but I can handle that.
    Well, the swearing doesn't bother me at all...it's more the non-stop barrage of beastiality, incest, and animated projectile vomiting that can wear a little thin at times.

Um, well, maybe I won't look it up after all.

Um, well, maybe I won't look it up after all.
    When I was in my teens I loved Monty Python (which was on PBS here) for both the intelligence of the humor and, of course, the "naughtiness" of it...they messed with people's taboos in ways few others did at the time. There were often censorship issues that would come up with the series here in the States, but fortunately not too often in the big cities.

Fast forward to our current era and they look positively quaint. I'm not sure what prime time TV is like in most spots overseas, but here it's kind of a parade of filth without the redeeming quality of intelligence behind it. You can't go a half hour without at least one gratuitous dismemberment...and that's on the cooking shows. And it seems that the only jobs in this country are Lawyers, Doctors, and Cops...as that is all you see on there.

And then there is "reality" television, which is like ramming an extra-long corkscrew right into one of your nostrils and turning until you perforate your neocortex.

And cable is even worse. It amazes me that people even pay for it. When I have stayed at hotels I turn it on and channel surf and it's like having a massive dose of raw undiluted stupidity injected directly into my skull via a turkey baster.

I can usually find one or two things that interest me on the networks (like Fringe or Lost), but for the most part if I watch TV at all it's documentaries or news shows on PBS...the rest of it makes me want to wash my psyche with rubbing alcohol.

That sounds awful! I'm so glad we gave up watching television when we did.

The only thing we seek out is Doctor Who, which I have always loved. Been watching that for nigh on 45 years...