Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some changes today

And, like 'they' say, it uses less energy to paint a black screen.
    A BTU saved is > a BTU earned. Get offgrid or die.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnerPartyofAte View Post
    And, like 'they' say, it uses less energy to paint a black screen.
    That's only true of the whatchamacallit old screens. The digital flats now actual use an itty-bit More when they're black. It's enough to make a difference on a laptop battery.
    Great time to be alive isn't it? Witnessing the collapse of
    a system that decimates the natural world.
    - "squarewave" on TOD

No shit? Thanks, UH....
    Didn't know that, my what ya learn here.
    A BTU saved is > a BTU earned. Get offgrid or die.

I don't really have a problem with the white on black except for the jarring contrast when switching to another web site from here. Going from one to the other makes my eyes hurt. It's one of those things where if every site did it there would be no problem. As it is...

I still find it difficult to believe the extent to which I have taken professional sports out of my life. I didn't even know who was playing in the Stupid Bowl. There was a time when sports was the oxygen that I breathed. I guess we can change.
    I've got nothing to say, but it's OK. Good Morning... Good Morning... Good Morning

I write often, it seems while my muse is in the john taking a crap - buz painter

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    Black text on white backgrounds generally are thought to increase legibility in the text. This is a hold over from printing.
    White text on black backgrounds are thought to cause ghosting for some people around the text. White is more likely to halo that black even if the contrast ratio is the same.

i try to look for light type on dark gray backgrounds. Instead of full white on full black.
    While legibility may be slightly reduced (that's debatable), i know that the decrease in the screen brightness causes less eye strain for me. ESPECIALLY in a dimly lit room.

But in either case, I always try to have at least one of each to accommodate everyone.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."