Thread: My Checking In Thread

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar

My Checking In Thread

Ok, its that time again. Maybe its the sun today (still -5 windchill but sunny) but I am sensing change. What kind, I have no idea. I am sure there are plenty of theories.

But regarding this thread. Just checking in to see that everything is working for everyone. Wondering what anyone feels is needed on the site. The chat is back, the technology has settled down. The news is slipping dangerous back into BAU again.

Is there anything anyone thinks I can be doing here to add more value for everyone?
    Just let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Thanks.
    Alex
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Yeah, BAU...
    And then Bahrain goes fucko bazzoo.
    Difference is we got a military presence there...

I'm not sure you can do anymore than you're already doing, you've set this great place up for us and it's up to us to use it wisely. Talk is cheap.

One suggestion... how about a taxi service to help doomers visit each other
    My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved, it's good for drifting, drifting away...

Feral She-Bunny of Doom™ DoomNymph's Avatar
    A martini bar might be nice. Just sayin'.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomNymph View Post
    A martini bar might be nice. Just sayin'.
    A fridge with some beers in it would do me, lol.
    "I don't see how we could be stupider here in the west if we actually took courses in stupidity and tried as hard as we could"
    Jordan B. Peterson

"Understand What's Going On"
    Gonzalo Lira (RIP)

Well, we had a 3.1 earthquake this morning -- maybe that's got your spidey sense tingling...?
    It was pretty neat. But then, I'm a geek. And it was a little one; sounded like someone drove a truck into the side of my house (felt like it, too).
    Also, it's NOT raining today. Now THAT'll get one wondering...

Soggily,
    kermujin

Terra Firma, Now in North Carolina, boondocks
    Quote Originally Posted by kermujin View Post
    Well, we had a 3.1 earthquake this morning -- maybe that's got your spidey sense tingling...?
    It was pretty neat. But then, I'm a geek. And it was a little one; sounded like someone drove a truck into the side of my house (felt like it, too).
    Also, it's NOT raining today. Now THAT'll get one wondering...

Soggily,
    kermujin
    i remember several (bout 8 or 9) years ago, it started raining in february, didnt stop raining until november, rained damn near every day burned up 3 sump pumps trying to keep the basement dry...no thanks noah, i'll keep the canoe
    Travelling To The 18th Century
    So, ponder away, ask questions, fume, vent, cuss, kick dirt, ball your fists and cry out loud. Then get back to work, cause this is the road your on and it aint gonna walk itself. ~bgf

When you know that your time is close at hand,
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion.

spe relinquere, vos qui intrare hic

Speechless in Seattle Annihilatrix's Avatar
    You're doing a great job --thank you!
    Assume crash position.

I remember that year, DH! I think it was 2003. It rained so long that the basement of the crummy apartment complex I lived in couldnt dry out and eventually, I got a notice on my door that I wold be "temporarily inconvenienced" while they knocked out the back wall of my 400 sq ft. apartment for emergency work. I managed to be out of that hell hole 48 hours later, 2 whole months before my lease was up.

I was also at RIR that May when the Memorial Day flash floods struck and we had 4 feet of water running through an event I was on staff for on the state fair grounds. That was a crazy year.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

I think the site is working wonderfully. I don't think a taxi service would work...mayhaps a fast rail system?

Or how about everyone move to the PNW? I like that idea too!

Site has been working great as of late.

Thanks for the hard work and a place to hang my hat.

I did notice that a few links posted at End Of Empire News back to here are for links that require sign in but are not tagged as such. Although I'd wager that most people that use the news aggregator there already have accounts here...

Am also almost done here in Spokane, PNW was nice to visit and work in but my heart is still back in dysfunctional CA...
    If it is to be, it is up to me.

Seems fine to me, thanks!