Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Panic Meter Settings

New Panic Meter Settings

I am reluctantly moving the Panic Meter to 4.5...The Japanese earthquake is the kind of black swan event that I was afraid of, happening at just about the EXACT moment that the Fedsters are running out of tricks. The ME remains a giant clusterfuck. Commodity markets are on the verge of fucko bazoo, because the winter was something out of a Dicken's novel and there ain't gonna BE commodities to trade and because paper money is going to be chasing REAL STUFF (except houses) as the market for fictional wealth withers like a Florida tomato plant...

It will not be a normal summer, even among us freaks..

Urgency meter is bumped up a notch, to 8.5...if you don't get your shit together in the next few weeks, you'll just have to muddle through with...untogether shit...I guess, any way...

Remember who we are, and who we aspire to be...upper lips, remain stiff...eyes remain unbugged...we are a ship of Piccards, the Borg does not scare us and we will not assimilate...

Alex, make it so...

Tug

Passed Onto The Next Adventure ellen54's Avatar
    The Borg scares ME.....
    The Zen of Gradualness - my blog on death and dying.

Yay Tug, bring it on baby! (without panicking...)
    My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved, it's good for drifting, drifting away...

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    It is done Captain Sir.
    I added numbers at the top to make the current setting easier to identify.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Oh...it's coming back to me, you can't move it in .25 increments...sorry...if you guys read my last adjustment, I had set it at 4.25...so I guess the numbers now actually match on the board and in my head...I should be a hedge fund manager...ANY WAY .....the meter is now OFFICIALLY 4.5...I'm gonna check the photon torpedo tubes for tribbles...

Tug

You guys;
    Watch the commodity markets--gold, silver and farm stuff going up...see the stocks and bonds coming down...listen to the gurus, as they ask for more FRN to be printed--and are rebuffed...watch our political leaders, those folks who you thought had maxed out all the fecklessness that 546 people could muster, become even more feckless...as they argue over $60 billion in annual cuts, while the deficit is running $2 trillion, what asshattery. Who's in charge? No one. Because no one wants the blame...they've all stepped away from the helm, it's just spinning as it pleases now...now is the time to gather together all that you love while you can...gathering time...

Tug

Here's a good guru site. Link of links. These guys are NOT afraid to call the doom.
    They follow the stocks, the metals, the ag commodities and global events. All at one site

http://www.financialsense.com/index.php

I need to work up some kind of ratio for the Tug O Meter : price per dozen eggs. It used to be whatever a silver dime was going for melt, then I pegged it to corn chops - 4 dozen per 50# sack. Both silver and corn have lost all touch with reality - Tug's panic has sensibility hahaha.

Master of Doom portals - RIP old Friend's Avatar
    comrade simba > Comrade Simba. I see you turned into a Capitalist! hahaha
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" Milton; Paradise Lost

Capitalized when I wasn't looking. Beats disappeared I guess.

See here:
    http://forums.silentcountry.com/foru...l=1#post162177
    Last edited by comrade simba - ret; 03-12-2011 at 08:16 PM.

I'm having moments where I just want to cry. (I know, probably a girl thing)
    Still, it's one thing to prep for doom, and another to watch the suffering unfold before your eyes.
    Unfortunately, I realize, there's more to come...

Put in another hundred foot row of cabbage. Makes you feel better. I need some more rabbits so I put Mr. Wiggles in with Mrs. Wiggles. Makes him feel better...

Master of Doom portals - RIP old Friend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Panther View Post
    I'm having moments where I just want to cry. (I know, probably a girl thing)
    Still, it's one thing to prep for doom, and another to watch the suffering unfold before your eyes.
    Unfortunately, I realize, there's more to come...
    I hear ya, DP, and it is not a girl thing. There are many guys out here that feel empathy as well, and I am one of them. I have always had a fondness for oriental people for reasons that I really don't want to get into here. For one, don't take this personally, but I think Japanese women are some of the most beautiful creatures God ever put on this earth, and the men over there are about as nice as anybody you could ever meet. I think much of the inner beauty these people have today comes from the very hard legacy of suppression they experienced during the reign of war lords. If you ever watched the TV mini-series 'Sho-gun", you would know what I mean. They were not shown any mercy at all.

Be this as it may, if there was anything I could do to help these people on a personal basis, I would. Alas, I don't have the financial wherewithall to do so, or right this very minute I would be in northern Japan helping those people the best I could. Unfortunately, I can't be, so the best I can do is the same thing everyone else is doing. Share in their misery by watching, and hoping their turmoil and distress comes to a rapid end.
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" Milton; Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by portals View Post
    I hear ya, DP, and it is not a girl thing. There are many guys out here that feel empathy as well, and I am one of them. I have always had a fondness for oriental people for reasons that I really don't want to get into here. For one, don't take this personally, but I think Japanese women are some of the most beautiful creatures God ever put on this earth, and the men over there are about as nice as anybody you could ever meet. I think much of the inner beauty these people have today comes from the very hard legacy of suppression they experienced during the reign of war lords. If you ever watched the TV mini-series 'Sho-gun", you would know what I mean. They were not shown any mercy at all.

Be this as it may, if there was anything I could do to help these people on a personal basis, I would. Alas, I don't have the financial wherewithall to do so, or right this very minute I would be in northern Japan helping those people the best I could. Unfortunately, I can't be, so the best I can do is the same thing everyone else is doing. Share in their misery by watching, and hoping their turmoil and distress comes to a rapid end.
    Exactly! I just feel so helpless right now.

My dear Mr. Tug, I believe you are the epitome of cautious and conservative, given current conditions.
    ready or not . . .

Queen of Chutney
    Did I tell you all today how much I love you???
    Enjoying the "gasoline crack of history".

Got a mother-in-law who wants to come and have a 'serious talk' about all this, and the potential for her to turn up here if SHTF.

Ugh. As if doom isn't enough, we have families to deal with too!
    Last edited by nothingman; 03-23-2011 at 05:33 AM.
    My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved, it's good for drifting, drifting away...

Fingerlakes, New York, United States, Planet Earth
    oh good luck with that nothingman!

*serious talk* sounds *serious*

I was wondering if the meter's would be upped. I guess i knew they would in light of the seriousness of this.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
    Got a mother-in-law who wants to come and have a 'serious talk' about all this, and the potential for her to turn up here if SHTF.

I'm going to make her a list of stuff she better bring with her or she wont be getting past the gate.

Ugh. As if doom isn't enough, we have families to deal with too!
    First off how enthused is your wife about this? If she is seriously applying pressure there is only so much hardball you can play. If this is something that will happen tell MIL to stockpile her year's worth of food on your place BEFORE shtf - like now. Trust me - she will run there empty handed when the lights go out bringing only her sense of entitlement. If your wife isn't too happy with the idea of having her there nix the idea. Be the prick. Write her off as just another useless eater and send her directions to the relief camp.

A MIL will completely fuck up your family dynamic. Have your bottom line be "will she be detrimental to our kids?"
    Last edited by comrade simba - ret; 03-13-2011 at 10:57 AM.

If we're all lucky, she'll help us out getting the infrastructure updated before it all goes fucko bazzoo. This is going to be one very, very interesting conversation.
    Last edited by nothingman; 03-23-2011 at 05:35 AM.