Thread: Old LATOC members?

Hybrid View

Here.., present and accounted for(raises hand). I am glad to see so many senior members here. I feel down right young at age 52, soon to be 53 this March 8th, thank-you very much. I loved the old forum. It was a good way for me to my feet wet with what was wrong with this country and what was going on inside of me at the time. I still visit and lurk here. Especially when I need to get away from the Walmart society for a bit.
    Economic causality. Sifting through the ashes of the American Dream.

Posted at latoc, but lurk (much) here. I read “The Fourth Turning” in ’97 and started planning then. I attended the first US Transition Movement seminar in Boulder, CO in 2008 (but failed at getting local interest or involvement). I currently am urban homesteading (in part) in a small town in SE MN. To the extent possible, all of my food products are sourced from local farms and gardens. I process it myself, and store it for year-round consumption. Passive solar cuts heating/cooling expense. I am working on harvesting rain water. Latoc was a breath of fresh air (and a sanity-saver) at a time when you couldn’t talk doom to family, friends, co-workers or neighbors. Actually, still can’t. I too am a “boomer” doomer.