• Yes, at 30 minutes.

2 5.88%
  • What the hell is Autorefresh?

10 29.41%
  • No - never use it.

6 17.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is using the Autorefresh

I can set my refresh time back to 30/60 seconds and proceed like I usually do... and see what gives...? I can let you know exactly when and on what page this happens.

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    :-) thanks. Remember to look and see if you see the refresh links at the top if it does happen. Without those links up there there is no refresh code on the page :-)
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

I don't use it all the time, but at times of high volume, like during the early days of the Japan Triple Threat disaster, I was using it a lot.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Singularitarian Bill from Pennsylvania's Avatar
    I visit a lot on my iPhone while on the go and primarily use the 'what's new' button.

I'm your 2-minute girl. Working from home, I tend to open the sites first thing in the morning, then peek in to see what's new from time to time. I'd like the feature at SusCo as well, nearly asked, but figured we have it good enough as things are. And as much as I love SusCo, gardening, livestock management and canning tips aren't subjects that move as fast as some of the topics on SilCo. So if you added it, Alex, I'd be happy to see it but would probably have it set to 30-minute intervals. Thanks for considering the add.

SW, as someone who is frequently long-winded (and I'm not implying YOU are!), I understand your frustration! I've learned to type my lengthier posts in a word processing program, then cut and paste them into the reply box. Saves a lot of rending of clothes and tearing of hair.

I like the 1 minute auto refresh.
    Know when to hold and know when to fold!
    "They call it the amerikan dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." G. Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Raeven View Post
    I'm your 2-minute girl.
    Ok, that got a much needed smirk.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Two minutes? That's a pretty quick quicky.... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLudi View Post
    I keep it at the longest setting and just click on the auto refresh hyperlink when I want instant gratification.
    Same
    "I don't see how we could be stupider here in the west if we actually took courses in stupidity and tried as hard as we could"
    Jordan B. Peterson

"Understand What's Going On"
    Gonzalo Lira (RIP)

Unfortunately I had to vote "never use it" ... but please know that it's because of my barely marginal internet connection. I'd LOVE to use autorefresh!!

I don't use it. I just hit it when I need it.

I keep up my whiney refrain, though -- I wish we'd get ONE notification when a reply has been posted in a thread we've participated in. I REALLY miss that feature.

Well it's not a single email but you can auto subscribe to threads and be emailed each time or once a day.
    Settings, general settings, auto subscribe
    Hth

I tried each time, and it's too much. Once a day is okay, I guess. Best would be if it notified on a new post, then not again unless you visited.

I may try the once a day. I just lose track of threads.

I think you're missing something. This is the way instant notification via email is supposed to work

instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent once until you revisit the forums.

With my limited and expen$ive cellular connection, I don't use auto-refresh at all. When I need new posts, I hit "new posts". Bad enough HuffPo and Google news seem to impose auto-refresh on their users - wouldn't be a big deal, but I get only 5gb per month of data D/L before Verizon penalize$ me.
    #fuckwashington oh, and #fuckalbany, too

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsteader View Post
    With my limited and expen$ive cellular connection, I don't use auto-refresh at all. When I need new posts, I hit "new posts". Bad enough HuffPo and Google news seem to impose auto-refresh on their users - wouldn't be a big deal, but I get only 5gb per month of data D/L before Verizon penalize$ me.
    yep, i would never force a refresh on people. Bad juju