Thread: Getting logged out

Getting logged out

What's up with the forum s/w logging me out periodically, or when I switch from one topic to another?

I looked to see whether I could find a toggle for this in my account settings, but could not.

What is the time limit? Sometimes I squeeze in a bit of reading and a reply between sixteen other things...and get logged out during pauses to answer the phone/door, manage other processes, etc. I tried finding answers on the forum but had no luck.

thanks

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    The time limit is 20 minutes...

But here is what you can do.

Log out and when you go to log back in there is a button called "Remember Me". Make sure it is checked. That uses a cookie to remember you indefinitely.

That should do it.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

wow. quite a bloody new avatar there, Alex. Are we feeling frustrated this morning?

I hadn't understood before why other people were having problems with being kicked off and I wasn't - it's because of that remember me button I clicked a long time ago. It saves me a page of clicking time when I'm going between the various latoc aftermarket solutions.
    1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual.

Its a fitting monday avatar :-)
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

I had a lot of trouble this morning convincing myself that there was a reason to get out of bed.
    1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual.

I click that "remember me" button every single time I log in.

It doesn`t work.
    Even weirder, it works fine at SC, and every other forum I visit.

It just doesn`t like me,I guess.

That is weird since they use the same forums software obviously. Can't imagine what would cause that.

Oh, DUH, Self.

Thank you, Alex and others. I'm an inveterate cookie-n-cache scrubber. Every session.

I also love the avatar, A, particularly the way the eyeballs go whiplashing around.

Alex I love your current avatar =)
    "Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
    ~ Aldous Huxley

Maybe,just maybe, I have fixed the problem I was having.
    I deleted my on my favs list, came here logged in, then added it back to favs list.
    Haven`t had to log back in since.

fingers crossed