Thread: Navigation Change

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar

Navigation Change

On both templates I just coded the navigation bar on the bottom of the page (right below the reply box) like the way it is on Sustainable Country.

No more scrolling back to the top to click a link.
    :-)

also widening the interface and making it easier to have wider titles.

(on the mushroom style).

Feral She-Bunny of Doom™ DoomNymph's Avatar
    One request? It's not a biggie, so there's no rush. Can we have a link for all posts in the past 24 hours like on SustainableC? I really like that function.

Yep... its on the list. there is a trick to get it though in the meantime.
    Its a pain i know but just till i get to it.

Click mark all forums read and then new posts. Since there are none it will give you the 24 hr link in the response.

I know i know... that sux... but I will have the 24 hr thing probably this weekend. It has to be coded in as they removed it from the forum setup.
    I have NO Idea why.

(http://forums.silentcountry.com/foru...full=1#post550) practicing how to do a link like this. sorry for the mini-threadjack. Pls delete.

Ok, later: that worked, but I'm really trying to make a reference to a post, using the post number, but have the wording inside the parentheses be something like "this post" instead of a long ungainly link address. Gromit did it in a thread, and I'm trying to copy what he did! It would cut down on repeating long posts, if I could get it right.
    Last edited by tubenosedfruitbat - GUEST; 10-29-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Terra Firma, Now in North Carolina, boondocks
    Quote Originally Posted by tubenosedfruitbat View Post
    (like this) practicing how to do a link like this. sorry for the mini-threadjack. Pls delete.

Ok, later: that worked, but I'm really trying to make a reference to a post, using the post number, but have the wording inside the parentheses be something like "this post" instead of a long ungainly link address. Gromit did it in a thread, and I'm trying to copy what he did! It would cut down on repeating long posts, if I could get it right.
    damn even i cant get away with fewer than 4 characters....

itsnifty link to google use the quote reply button to see the bbcode for it HTH
    Last edited by DirtyHowi; 10-29-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: forgot the example LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHowi View Post
    damn even i cant get away with fewer than 4 characters....

itsnifty link to google use the quote reply button to see the bbcode for it HTH
    Ok, I'm on my mouseless Mac at home now, have a PC at work w/a two-button mouse. Let's see:
    Alex's post Hope that did it.

Haha, yeeehawww, I did it! Thanks Gromit and DirtyHowi, and everyone else for your patience!