Thread: SIte Changes

Hybrid View

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar

SIte Changes

A few changes.

1.) I have setup woodsy as an Admin with permissions to accept new users. Woodsy, I will send you a PM asap regarding how to handle this and how to get into the admin. I do NOT leave the default link working as that is how sites get hacked. You will find that 90% of the requests are spam bots. I will try and school you a bit on how to spot them but ultimately you will miss some. Just be on the watch for anyone that you need to ban if/when they get by.

2.) I have also gone through the big list of new user apps and tried to screen out all the spam bots I could. One may get through so if you see anything that is clearly spam just report the post and I will get it as soon as I can.

3.) Lastly, although life for me is beyond insane (for reasons nobody here has any info on) I do try to login as often as I can.. which usually means once a day or every other day. If there is some problem with a post (spam or crossing a reasonable line in a debate/argument) you HAVE to report the post to make sure i can see it and deal with it. Despite my best intentions and personal desire, I cannot read every thread and every post. But I have seen only a handful of reported threads in the past 2+ yrs and of the ones that I did see, only one needed deleting by me. I consider this group all above the petty thunderdome BS of LATOC and as such I avoid censoring at nearly all costs. Nearly though.. so if there is a problem assume my ESP won't catch it and let me know via the report button.

Woodsy, I'll get to you this week. The list of new member requests is currently empty so there is no rush.

Spent the day today castrating 4 bulls - each 21 months old. I may be only 51 but days like today i feel 81 lol.

More asap.
    NY
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Interesting! Thanks Alex.

Fresh blood. Hope they soon start feeling like family like others here.

Thanks for the update.

I found this useful when I'm in a tangle:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanaprastha
    I'm 56. At best I have 30 years left on this rock in this consciousness. The slower I go the more I can take in.
    Not only do the American people have no idea of what is going on, they also have no idea that they have no idea.

“When they started with the gerbils, I knew it was time to leave.”
    -Aleistar Crowley, exiting a Los Angeles party

A hillside in the Boston Mountains in NW Arkansas
    Thanks Alex. I look forward to learning from you.

My thoughts are to be very careful of people that just appear. I'm looking forward to members recommending new people that they know. I would hope to get friends signed up without delay.
    Post collapse nocturnal mammals will do ok against human predation. Coyotes will be the largest mammal available by 2100. Cannibalism is easier than trapping coyotes.

just checking in...
    NO waiting membership applications.
    Don't want any rumors that anyone has been waiting :P
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

A hillside in the Boston Mountains in NW Arkansas
    Thanks for the update. I've used my edit feature to eliminate some double posts.

If any regular poster knows someone who wants to join SilCo PM me their name and I'll try to speed their application.
    Post collapse nocturnal mammals will do ok against human predation. Coyotes will be the largest mammal available by 2100. Cannibalism is easier than trapping coyotes.

Coolio
    "I don't see how we could be stupider here in the west if we actually took courses in stupidity and tried as hard as we could"
    Jordan B. Peterson

"Understand What's Going On"
    Gonzalo Lira (RIP)

Can I be comrade simba again? I miss me.
    Not only do the American people have no idea of what is going on, they also have no idea that they have no idea.

YES! I always liked Comrade Simba more than dead kennedy, for some reason!
    The “simple life” takes a lifetime to learn....Peter Goodchild
    Live as if you would die tomorrow
    Learn as if you would live forever

I think I'm still in the data base but with privileges turned off. I got too pissy for some reason years ago and stomped off. I figure Alex flipped the "don't let the door hit you on the ass" switch and it never got turned back on. Good on him, we get so serious at times.

If you want I can change your name on this account so you can use the old name... but all your posts stay.

just let me know.

Please resurrect me!

Senior Member TheDignityofStruggle's Avatar
    A wooded hillside. Forgive my typos, Im on a mobile thingy.
    Resurrect Simba!

https://images.app.goo.gl/4uLW73xRdVqPu2Wx5

(For some reason the image function never works for me)

Oh god, not that stupid lion. Disney swiped my moniker which takes away from the mental image I wanna project... some wild haired native slashing his way through capitalist oppression trippin' on psilocybin. Nope, just some stupid plush toy.

At least dead kennedy has seriously embedded an up yours to the establishment.

NYL.. ahaha he's posting like crazy.. in a good way..