Thread: Forum logs me out before I can finish a post

Forum logs me out before I can finish a post

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is there a setting that I can't find to change the log in duration or to stay logged in? The forum often logs me out before I can finish a post. If I navigate elsewhere to read a link, when I come back to the open forum tab I am logged out. It is aggravating to the point that I rarely come and post.

/\ check the "keep me logged in" box before you log in. I never have to log in after leaving here.
    Make sure you have cookies enabled.
    #fuckwashington oh, and #fuckalbany, too

I don't have that option. All I have is "remember me" and it doesn't work to keep me logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenFarmer View Post
    I don't have that option. All I have is "remember me" and it doesn't work to keep me logged in.
    'Remember me" is what I meant. I'm using Opera browser. No problems staying logged in here, whatsoever.

Must be a weird cookie thing. I have mine set to delete after closing my browser so it should not be logging me out when I don't close it. Weird.

I don't know what the problem is. Maybe Alex can chime in later to help you.

Thanks

Mine does the same after 10 minutes (IIRC, it is a setting in the Settings function). I just copy the post if I think the 10 mins have lapsed.

You can also click on the auto refresh if you are going to walk away from your box for a given amount of time.
    It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?
    All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.
    Wake up! Time to die!

Survival Through RECON NYLongbow's Avatar
    yep.. sounds like you're cookies are not being saved, or killed after a few minutes.

Other than that, there is no settings I have for kicking people.

It's almost ALWAYS a cookie problem.

HTH
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Not sure if it works different with different browsers, but on the login page, I see two places to log in: top of the page in the header, and in a box below. With Firefox, I've had it log me out if I sign in with the header username / password, "remember me" checked. Using the lower, larger box (with "remember me" checked) it keeps me signed in for the duration.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by OldeFoole View Post
    Not sure if it works different with different browsers, but on the login page, I see two places to log in: top of the page in the header, and in a box below. With Firefox, I've had it log me out if I sign in with the header username / password, "remember me" checked. Using the lower, larger box (with "remember me" checked) it keeps me signed in for the duration.

YMMV
    That worked for me too. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsteader View Post
    'Remember me" is what I meant. I'm using Opera browser. No problems staying logged in here, whatsoever.
    Interesting, I have had the same problem as HiddenFarmer. From now on I will check that box and see what happens. Thanks much DS.
    Economic causality. Sifting through the ashes of the American Dream.

I could put this tablet back away in the drawer for another year, turn it back on, and I'll still be logged in automatically, as long as I didn't change my p/w here in the interim. I only need to "login"(manually), after I destroy another laptop - about 1 a year on average.

I always took that as a subtle hint to STFU, which is advice I can nearly always benefit from.